http://www.abbeywoodmoving.com/
416-292-1107
1-800-565-4888

Thursday, July 1, 2010

LCBO boxes are bad for movers



I recently completed a move where the customer had packed their belongings into hundreds of used LCBO boxes. While they seem great because they are free and light weight, they are actually a nightmare for movers. Imagine a mover stacking these boxes over 10 high and wide, but because every box is a different shape and size it turns into a lopsided layer that can easily be knocked over or topple. The average mover is in great physical shape and carries 2-3 boxes safely, smaller boxes limit the amount of weight/volume we can carry, and take double the time for the same amount of items if packed in larger industry sized cartons. This is something to consider when paying by the hour for a local mover. Here is a quick guide to what carton sizes to use, and for what purpose:

1cubic foot carton (LCBO moving boxes): Please do not use!
2 cubic foot banker’s carton: Heavy items such as books, magazines, taxes
4 cubic foot carton: Medium weight items such as electronics or lampshades.
5 cubic foot carton: Light weight items such as pots and pans, linens or kids toys.



Aside from the LCBO boxes on this move there was a great deal of plastic tote bins which had removable tops. Not a single top was secured with tape, and had to be done on move day to ensure nothing would accidently fall out of the carton once the top falls off. Overall the right materials and packing can help your next move go faster and smoother.

9 comments:

  1. Hey there! Thank you for sharing your thoughts about movers in your area. I am glad to stop by your site and know more about movers. Keep it up! This is a good read. I will be looking forward to visit your page again and for your other posts as well.
    The process of packing a van or container for a removal requires that polished surfaces are protected (usually with special blankets or cardboard). China and other fragile effects are packed in rigid boxes, originally wooden tea chests but now usually cardboard, with layers of bunched up blank newsprint commonly used to protect against scratches and chips in transit. Soft materials may be packed in bags, suitcases or boxes. Custom wooden crates are typically used when transporting large, heavy and odd shaped objects.
    Trowt Movers is a family owned and operated company that has been in business since 1917. We have moved homes, apartments, condos and offices safely in Arlington, MA, and its surrounding cities.

    movers arlington, ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very amazed by the information of this blog and i am glad i had a look over the blog. thank you so much for sharing such great information.Toronto Corporate Movers

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's really nice and meanful. it's really cool blog. Linking is very useful thing.you have really helped lots of people who visit blog and provide them usefull information. boxes for sale

    ReplyDelete
  4. www.violetofficesupplies.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came to this blog and it helped me to add few new points to my knowledge. Actually, I am trying to learn new thing wherever I find. Impressive written blog and valuable information shared here.
    Florida Movers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Article.
    When it comes time to move, one of the absolute most necessary tasks is getting enough cardboard removal boxes to pack away all of your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The next time I read a blog, I hope which it doesnt disappoint me up to this blog. I mean, I know it was my option to read, but I personally thought youd have something fascinating to state. All I hear is often a handful of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy interested in attention. Royal Movers Kenya

    ReplyDelete
  8. A formidable share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing somewhat analysis on this. And he in reality bought me breakfast as a result of I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I really feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If potential, as you grow to be expertise, would you thoughts updating your blog with more details? It’s highly helpful for me. Large thumb up for this weblog put up! Man and Van

    ReplyDelete